Health Tip: Easy on the Holiday Buffets
(HealthDay News) -- Too many holiday party buffet tables loaded
with decadent treats can lead to overstuffed plates -- and
The Cleveland Clinic offers these suggestions to limit your
calorie intake when you hit the holiday buffet:
- Fill a small plate with fresh veggies, taking care to limit or
avoid buttery crackers, creamy spreads and dips, meat and cheese.
- Skip sauces, or choose those that are vegetable- or broth-based
instead of creamy sauces or gravies.
- Stick to lighter desserts such as fruit, Jell-O, angel food
cake or gingersnaps -- if you have to have a decadent dessert, make
it a very small serving.
- Limit yourself to one to two drinks, and choose low-calorie
drinks like wine or beer.
- Choose calorie-free non-alcoholic drinks like unsweetened tea,
coffee, hot tea or water.
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.