Health Tip: Learning to Eat With Dentures
(HealthDay News) -- Eating with dentures often requires some
practice, and may initially trigger some discomfort and
The American Dental Association offers these suggestions for
adjusting to your new dentures:
- Start out with soft foods.
- Cut up your food into small pieces.
- Eat slowly, carefully using both sides of your mouth.
- Slowly add a variety of foods until you have resumed your
- Take care when eating foods that are hot, hard or have sharp
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.