Health Tip: Is it Time to Potty Train?
(HealthDay News) -- It's important to start potty training at
the right time -- not before your child is ready.
The American Academy of Family Physicians says these signs
indicate your child is ready for potty training, if he or she:
- Indicates a dirty diaper.
- Shows an interest in using the potty.
- Understands and follows simple instructions.
- Is uncomfortable in a dirty diaper.
- Can go at least two hours during the day with a dry
- Wakes from a nap with a dry diaper.
- Can pull pants up and down.
2012Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.