Health Tip: House Cleaning With Arthritis
(HealthDay News) -- Arthritis pain and stiffness can make it
difficult to take care of household chores and cleaning.
The Arthritis Foundation offers these suggestions:
- To avoid reaching high and bending low, attach your dust rag to
an empty roll from gift wrapping paper.
- Instead of using your hands, use a wooden pizza paddle to help
tuck in your sheets while making a bed.
- Also while making a bed, choose a smooth, lightweight comforter
that you can easily slip over the sheets.
- Put a pair of old socks or gloves on your hands to dust.
- If your home has two stories, keep a vacuum cleaner and set of
cleaning supplies on each floor.
2012Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.