Health Tip: Help Your Child Develop a Healthy Approach to
(HealthDay News) -- Girls can develop an unhealthy body image
and unhealthy eating habits just by watching how others look at
their bodies and treat food.
The womenshealth.gov website says these factors can trigger an
unhealthy attitude toward food among girls:
- Seeing that their mothers are very concerned with their
- Having a mother who worries too much about her daughter's
appearance and weight.
- Gaining weight naturally during puberty.
- Being influenced by peer pressure about appearance and
- Having issues with self-esteem.
- Seeing examples of the "ideal" very thin body among images in
2012Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.