Health Tip: Coping With Diabetes
(HealthDay News) -- You've just been diagnosed with diabetes.
Accepting the diagnosis is difficult for many people, but it's an
important first step.
The American Diabetes Association offers these suggestions:
- Relax and take a deep breath.
- Acknowledge any anger, guilt, fear and denial.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Focus on being strong and telling yourself that you can do
this, and that you're not alone.
- Don't let diabetes define who you are.
2012Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.