Health Tip: Manage Memory Loss
(HealthDay News) -- Dealing with the early stages of Alzheimer's
disease can be frustrating as you struggle to maintain your
The Alzheimer's Association offers these suggestions for coping
with memory loss:
- Create a schedule of daily tasks (meals, bedtime, etc.). Ask
someone to call to remind you about activities such as taking
medications or doctor's appointments.
- Fill out a book with important information, including contacts,
appointments and your address.
- Near the phone post a list, written in large print, of
important phone numbers.
- Ask a loved one to help organize your medications.
- Keep a calendar and mark off each day as it passes.
- Make sure your closets and drawers are well-organized, so you
can find the things you need.
- Post reminders around your home to lock doors and turn off
2012Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.