Health Tip: What Causes Hearing Loss?
(HealthDay News) -- You may develop hearing loss if your inner
ear or auditory nerve is damaged, or something builds up in your
ears and prevents the passage of sound waves.
The womenshealth.gov website mentions these common causes of
- Being exposed over long periods to loud noise.
- Having certain infections or illnesses.
- Taking certain medications.
- Suffering a major blow or injury to the head.
- Having a family history of hearing loss.
2012Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.