Health Tip: Bringing Home a Premature Baby
(HealthDay News) -- Caring for a premature baby, born before 37
weeks' gestation, requires extra care and attention.
The American Academy of Pediatrics says new parents of preemies
should ask these questions before leaving the hospital:
- What special care will I need to give baby at home?
- What should trigger a call to the doctor's office, or a trip to
- How will I know if baby is eating and sleeping enough, and
gaining enough weight?
- Do I need to give baby any medication?
- How frequently will I need to bring baby in for a checkup?
2012Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.