Health Tip: Choose Diabetes-Friendly Meals
(HealthDay News) -- It may be a challenge to select
diabetes-friendly meals from a huge menu of options.
The American Diabetes Association suggests how to find healthy
meals for diabetics:
- Always ask what's in a dish and how it's prepared; request that
dishes be made without extra butter.
- Request small portion sizes, and eat your meal slowly.
- Skip high-fat dressings and toppings.
- Choose dishes that aren't breaded or fried.
- Substitute high-fat choices with healthier sides.
- Don't be afraid to ask for lower-calorie choices, such as
vinegar or olive oil, even if you don't see them on the menu.
- Don't drink too much alcohol.
2012Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.