Health Tip: Managing Weight Gain
(HealthDay News) -- Having plenty of support from friends and
family can help you meet your weight-loss goals.
The Cleveland Clinic offers these motivational suggestions to
help you lose weight and keep it off:
- Motivate yourself each day by mentally reviewing why you need
to lose weight and maintain that loss.
- Seek help and support from friends, family or members of a
- Eat a healthier diet that includes less sugar and fat. Opt
instead for foods that are high in fiber and low-calorie.
- Don't skip meals or starve yourself. These methods may actually
cause you to binge eat and
- Set a maximum tolerable weight, and examine your habits if you
approach your threshold.
- Keep a journal of your food intake and exercise habits. Aim for
at least 30 minutes of aerobic exercise each day.
2012Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.