(HealthDay News) -- Aerobic exercise, also called cardiovascular
exercise, helps improve your heart and lung health. Examples
include walking, running, swimming, biking and hiking.
The Cleveland Clinic says potential benefits of aerobic exercise
- Better control over blood pressure.
- Lower levels of harmful LDL cholesterol.
- Improved endurance.
- Decreased heart rate when your body is at rest.
- Increased ability to lose weight or maintain weight loss.
- Better stress management.
- Improved quality of sleep.
2012Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.