Health Tip: Partners Have a Role in Pregnancy
(HealthDay News) -- Partners play an important role in helping
moms prepare for pregnancy, and in helping to ensure that the
pregnancy goes smoothly.
The womenshealth.gov website offers these suggestions:
- Partners should discuss when the time for pregnancy is
- Partners should be screened for sexually transmitted infections
before pregnancy to prevent transmission.
- Quit smoking, manage stress, eat a healthy diet, avoid illegal
drug use and limit alcohol use to reduce the risk of fertility
- Partners should have a medical checkup to discuss personal
health, medical history, family history and medication use.
- Anyone who works with toxic chemicals should avoid exposing
2012Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.