Health Tip: Ways to Keep Your Memory Sharp
(HealthDay News) -- Though you can't always ward off memory
problems, studies have shown there are things you can do to help
keep your mind sharp.
The Cleveland Clinic offers these suggestions:
- Go back to school. Continuing education has been shown to delay
- Maintain a healthy diet. Eat foods that are rich in
antioxidants and olive oil.
- Train your memory. Formal memory training has been shown to
improve learning and retention.
- Play board games or play a musical instrument.
- Manage your risk of cardiovascular disease, such as by taking
steps to lower high blood pressure.
2012Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.