Health Tip: Stop Toddler Tantrums Before They
(HealthDay News) -- It's usually tough to stop a toddler's
tantrum once it starts, so the Nemours Foundation suggests how to
avoid one altogether:
- Give your child enough attention, especially when the child is
exhibiting good behavior.
- Let your toddler have control over small decisions, such as
what to eat or wear.
- Choose your battles; fighting over a small thing may not be
- If there is something your child can't have, keep it out of
- Offer your child toys and challenges that are age-appropriate,
- Don't push your child beyond his or her limits.
2012Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.