Health Tip: The Causes of Corns
(HealthDay News) -- Corns are thick calluses that form on the
feet, and they can be quite painful.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons lists these
- Wearing shoes that are too tight and squeeze the feet.
- Wearing shoes that are too loose and allow the foot to slide
- Having a stitch or seam inside a shoe that rubs against the
- Wearing socks that don't fit your feet well.
- Having a deformity of the toes, including a hammer toe or claw
2012Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.