Health Tip: Prevent Athlete's Foot
(HealthDay News) -- Athlete's foot is a common fungal infection
that's often acquired in public showers or locker rooms.
The American Podiatric Medical Association offers these
- Carefully wash your feet each day with soap and water. Then
thoroughly dry the feet, especially between the toes.
- In public facilities, always wear a pair of bathing shoes.
- Before putting on footwear, sprinkle your feet with talcum
- Wear shoes that are lightweight and airy.
- Frequently change your shoes and socks to help keep feet
2012Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.