Health Tip: Create a Healthy Sleep Environment
(HealthDay News) -- With the correct sleep environment comes the
chance of a more serene and restful night's sleep.
The National Sleep Foundation offers these suggestions toward
creating the correct sleep environment:
- Use earplugs to muffle disturbing sounds. Or use a device that
emits "white" noise to mask outside sounds.
- Keep your room cool. Don't wear heavy sleepwear if you tend to
get too warm.
- Keep your room dark, but make sure you are exposed to plenty of
bright light or sunlight during the day.
- Make sure your bed is big enough to promote comfortable sleep,
and that your mattress, pillows and blankets are comfortable.
- If your partner snores or has disrupted sleep, devise an
arrangement to make sure you both get the sleep you need.
2012Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.