(HealthDay News) -- If you have acne, in addition to any
procedures or drug treatment prescribed by your doctor, caring for
your skin is very important.
Here are acne skin-care suggestions from the U.S. National
Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases:
- Gently wash your skin regularly using a mild cleanser.
- Don't rub, touch or pick at your skin or any blemishes.
- If you shave, take care to avoid cutting a blemish. Try not to
shave too frequently, and use a razor that leaves you with a
- Many medicines used to treat acne can increase your risk of
sunburn. Avoid getting a tan or burn whenever possible.
- Use only oil-free, noncomedogenic cosmetics.
2012Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.