Health Tip: Keep Your Kidneys Healthy
(HealthDay News) -- A healthy lifestyle can help protect your
kidneys and keep them strong.
The National Kidney Disease Education Program offers these
- Keep blood pressure and cholesterol within normal ranges.
- Make sure diabetes is well-controlled.
- Take medications exactly as directed by your doctor.
- Reduce sodium intake to less than 1,500 milligrams per
- Eat a heart-healthy diet rich in fruits, vegetables, low-fat
dairy and whole grains
- Restrict alcohol consumption and don't smoke.
- Lose any excess weight and get plenty of regular exercise.
2012Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.