Health Tip: Encourage Kids to Snack on Fruits and Veggies
(HealthDay News) -- Fruits and vegetables are among the
healthiest snack choices, but these foods may not be kids' first
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics suggests how you can
encourage kids to choose fruits and veggies for snacks:
- Make sure produce is in plain sight. Put a bowl of varied
fruits on the table, or keep a bowl of cut veggies at eye level in
- Offer the kids snack packs of dried fruits (without added
sugar) and trail mixes that include dried fruits.
- Use dried peas and beans as a crunchy snack or on top of a
- Have canned fruits on hand, including applesauce or chunks of
pineapple and oranges.
- Use frozen fruits to top yogurt or add to smoothies. Offer
frozen fruit bars as a healthy snack.
- Add canned or frozen veggies to dips made with beans and
2013Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.