Health Tip: Take Good Care of Dentures
(HealthDay News) -- It's important to take good care of dentures
and keep them clean, just like you would your natural teeth.
The American Dental Association offers these suggestions:
- Brush dentures every day.
- Before brushing, rinse dentures to remove debris and food
- Thoroughly brush all areas of your mouth, including your
tongue, inside the cheeks, gums and the roof of the mouth.
- When storing your dentures, make sure they're soaking in water,
completely covered, and in a safe spot.
- If you use an adhesive, follow instructions carefully.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.