(HealthDay News) -- Many women develop leg cramps while they're
There's no surefire way to prevent all leg cramps, but there are
things you can do to help keep them at bay, and to ease the
discomfort once they occur.
The womenshealth.gov website offers these suggestions:
- Gently stretch your leg muscles.
- Get plenty of regular, gentle exercise.
- When your leg starts to cramp, gently flex your foot
- Eat plenty of foods rich in calcium.
- Ask your doctor about taking calcium supplements.
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.