Health Tip: Help Strengthen Your Bones
(HealthDay News) -- Weight-bearing exercises help strengthen
bones and muscles by making them work against gravity.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers these
suggestions for weight-bearing exercise:
- Go for a walk, jog or run.
- Play tennis, racquetball or field hockey.
- Climb a few long flights of stairs.
- Play basketball, soccer or grab a jump rope.
- Turn up the music and start dancing.
- Kick a soccer ball around.
- Go for a hike.
- Lift some weights.
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.