Health Tip: Use a Lawnmower Safely
(HealthDay News) -- Proper care, maintenance and use of your
lawnmower can help reduce your risk of injury.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons offers these
- Maintain your lawnmower and keep its blades sharp.
- Service your mower before the first use each season.
- Always turn off the motor when you inspect or repair your
- To remove debris from beneath the mower, use the handle of a
broom or a stick.
Never do this while the mower is running.
- Keep all safety devices or shields on the mower.
- Always turn off the mower before you walk away from it.
- To prevent the possibility of burning your skin, never touch
the engine cowling, which can become very hot.
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.