Health Tip: Ease Neck Pain
(HealthDay News) -- When your neck aches from a disc problem,
arthritis or injury, you may be able to get relief at home.
The ADAM Encyclopedia mentions these potential home remedies for
- Take an over-the-counter medication, such as acetaminophen or
- Ice the area for the first 72 hours, then apply heat.
- Take a break from regular exercise and activities for a few
- Peform slow, gentle range-of-motion exercises to help stretch
muscles in the neck.
- Gently massage painful parts of the neck.
- Sleep without a pillow on a firm mattress, or use a neck
- Wear a soft neck collar for a brief period.
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.