Health Tip: In Chronic Pain?
(HealthDay News) -- If you have frequent pain, taking control of
your condition and living a healthier lifestyle can help you
The Cleveland Clinic offers this advice:
- Talk to your doctor about your symptoms and concerns.
- Research your condition and learn as much as possible about
- Give yourself time each day to relax. Practice stress
management techniques, such as deep breathing.
- Set goals that you are able to reach, don't push yourself too
hard and encourage yourself to do better.
- Cut down on alcohol, and stop smoking.
- Join a support group for those with chronic pain.
2013Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.