(HealthDay News) -- A hot tub can still breed germs, and due to
its high temperature, should be used properly.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention mentions
these hot tub safety guidelines:
- Do not use a hot tub if you have diarrhea.
- Take care not to swallow any of the tub's water or get any in
- Take a bath or shower with soap before getting into a hot
- Follow rules on the maximum number of occupants.
- Don't let children under age 5 in a hot tub.
- Don't drink alcohol before or while using a hot tub.
- If you're pregnant, get your doctor's OK before using a hot
tub, especially in your first trimester.