The Potential Outpatient Program is a program that has developed over many years and represents outpatient services at a lower intensity than the IOP/PHP Program.
The program consists of three components:
The Early Psychosis Program
This is a specialty program designed for people who are experiencing the early stages of a psychotic illness. The program includes individual and group psychotherapy, medication management, family education and support services and cognitive remediation. Typically a person would receive two or three services each week. Both individual and group treatment are offered on a weekly basis. Intensive family work is also offered through the outreach program, and through regular family meetings which are convened for planning and support.
The Young Adult Clinic
The Young Adult Clinic offers services to people who seek support through individual psychotherapy with our clinicians and medication management from our psychiatrist. This program also offers several outpatient groups, which are provided in response to various needs, and thus change and develop over time. These groups provide services to people in our programs, but can also provide support to people who have graduated our programs and are treated elsewhere.
Currently we are running the following weekly groups:
- Therapeutic support groups for clients with co-occurring medical and psychiatric conditions.
- A therapeutic support group (After care group) for clients who have been discharged from YAS PHP/IOP and who are in outpatient therapy.
- A therapy group designed for young people who are experiencing the early stages of a psychotic illness.
- The Dual Diagnosis Relapse Prevention Outpatient Group.
- A weekly group to offer cognitive remediation through various programs. These programs are computer based and aim to improve attention, concentration, working and short-term memory, and executive functioning.
The Outreach Program
The outreach component is an innovative program implemented to bridge the transition from traditional office-based treatment to a client’s life experience in the community.
FOR AN INTAKE TO YOUNG ADULT SERVICES, PLEASE CALL THE ASSESSMENT CENTER: 860-545-7200, Option 3