Health Tip: Reduce the Risk of Carbon Monoxide
(HealthDay News) -- Since you can't see, smell or taste deadly
carbon monoxide gas, a special detector can help alert you to its
presence in your home.
The Home Safety Council offers these recommendations to help
protect against carbon monoxide poisoning:
- Place at least one carbon monoxide detector near areas where
- Have a professional perform annual maintenance on your heating
system and any fireplaces to properly clean and inspect them.
- Have any gas appliances serviced regularly, and make sure
they're correctly adjusted.
- Gas or charcoal grills and portable generators should only be
used outdoors -- never inside homes or garages.
- Never heat your home with your range or oven.
2011Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.