At the Hartford Hospital Pain Treatment Center, we use a comprehensive team approach to treat chronic pain.
We will diagnose a patient's source of discomfort and provide a thorough, goal-oriented plan to minimize pain and restore functionality.
Chronic pain can be caused by a variety of conditions. The most common forms of pain are:
Comprehensive Clinical Care
- Back and neck pain (including sciatica, spinal stenosis, back surgery, arthritic conditions, pinched nerves and muscle spasms)
- Work injuries
- Cancer pain
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD)
- Nerve injury pain
- Joint pain
- Pain from other acute and chronic conditions
Our Pain Treatment Center specialists work closely with referring physicians and use an interdisciplinary approach - medical, rehabilitative and behavioral - to develop individual treatment plans for each patient. They offer a comprehensive range of advanced non-invasive and minimally-invasive pain management techniques, including:
Working with the Pain Treatment Center
- Non-opioid analgesics
- Pharmacological opioids
- Trigger point injections
- Joint injections
- Nerve blocks
- Spinal Cord Stimulation (SCS)
- Intrathecal drug delivery
- Nucleoplasty/disc decompression
- Intradiscal electrothermal therapy
- Epidural steroid injection
- Diagnostic discography
- Radiofrequency (RF) therapy
- Cryotherapy treatment
- Pain management coping skills
- Relaxation techniques
- Muscle biofeedback
Pain Treatment Center specialists can work with physicians in anticipating and managing the pain treatment needs of their patients.
- To refer a patient to the Pain Treatment Center, call 860-696-2841.