At Hartford Hospital we recognize the importance of support from family, loved ones and friends in a patient’s recovery process. However, patient care is our primary concern at Hartford Hospital, and, in order to enhance the quality of care, specific visiting hours have been established for each area. While we have routine visiting hours, our staff will work with you to accommodate your visitors.
General and Continuing Care:
Psychiatry - The Institute of Living, south campus:
- Weekdays, 4 to 8 p.m.
- Weekends and holidays, Noon to 8 p.m.
- Unlimited (fathers, grandparents and siblings have unlimited visiting hours)
- Noon - 8 p.m. (family and friends *)
- Special arrangements can be made through the charge nurse
Critical Care Units (ICUs):
- By direction of the charge nurse
- Click here for more information
If you have questions about visiting hours, please inquire at the nurse’s station.
* Individuals with respiratory infections or a contagious condition should not visit patients in the hospital.