The following annual salaries are effective for the 2013-2014 academic year. Salaries are paid weekly.
- Vacation: Three weeks (15 days) paid vacation per year (scheduled under Program guidelines). Time cannot be accrued. Compensation for days not taken will not be given. This includes the stipend for your orientation time.
- On-Call In-House Meals: Annual on-call meal allowance provided
- On-Call Rooms: Provided
- Lab Coats with Laundry Service: Provided
- Paid Educational/Professional Leave: One Week (5 days) through arrangement with Program Director
- Institutional Leave: Granter by your Program Director for the following reasons in accordance with Hospital policy. If the Leave is for an extended period of time during your contracted year, your requirements may not be fulfilled as defined by the Residency Review Committee and Specialty Board.
- Sick Leave: Sick leave cannot be carried over into new academic year. Depending upon the educational requirements of an individual program, residents may be allowed additional paid leave with the approval of the program director. In the event of serious injury or prolonged illness additional paid leave may be granted. If the leave is for an extended period of time during the contract year, the requirement may not be fulfilled as defined by the Residency Review Committee and Specialty Board.
- Maternity Leave: Full salary paid when medically unable to work, requires physician's affidavit identifying the leave as a "medical necessity", typically six to eight weeks following delivery. Employee benefits continue.
- Family, Paternity and Medical Leave: Must have worked for Hartford Hospital for at least 12 months, and must have worked at least 1,000 (1,250 hours for federal FLMA) in the 12-month period immediately preceding the leave. Up to 16 weeks leave in a 12 month period, not to exceed a maximum of 28 weeks in a 24 month period for the following reasons: birth, adoption or foster care of a child, or the serious illness of yourself or a family member.
Details and comparison data for all health plans is sent directly to incoming housestaff in May of each year.
- Dental Insurance: Two plans, Basic and Preferred, are offered through
Delta Dental Plan of New Jersey. Plans may be purchased for individual,
individual + one or family coverage. The cost of the plans ranges from
$1.77 to $11.89 per week. Payment is payroll deducted. Details of the
plans are available through the Human Resources/Benefits Department or
Medical Education Office.
- Paid and Contributory Health Insurance
Plans: The Hospital currently offers three medical plans. All plans
may be purchased for individuals, individual + children, individual +
spouse or individual + family. The cost to the employee for the
contributory plans ranges from $8.28 to $30.97 weekly for individual
plans and from $14.42 to $85.17 weekly for other plans. Payment is
payroll deducted. Details of each plan are available through the Human
Resources/Benefits Department or the Medical Education Office.
Disability Insurance: You are provided disability insurance at no cost
for the duration of your employment at Hartford Hospital. Disability
income is guaranteed at $2,000/month. Coverage is portable, at your
expense and provides guaranteed future benefits. The coverage may be
increased with no medical evidence of insurability.
- Group Life
Insurance: You are provided life insurance at no cost during your
employment that is approximately equal to your annual salary in the
event of your death.
- Professional Liability Insurance:
Professional Liability Insurance is provided for your activities
assigned to you by your program. Coverage for moonlighting or other
unofficial activities is not provided.
Students can rent a room at the Education and Resource Center (ERC), 560 Hudson Street, Hartford, CT 06106. Students must fill out a Dormitory Reservation Application form
in order to reserve a room.
Please note that this is temporary housing. Students are permitted to live in the dormitory as long as they are enrolled in the program, until their course of study ends. Newly hired employees are allowed a one-time stay that will not exceed three months. The purpose of this temporary housing is to enable new hires to locate their own housing.
The dormitory floors house either male or female residents. Therefore, in order to provide privacy tenants may have an overnight guest only of the same gender. Normally, overnight guests are limited to no more than two (2) consecutive nights. Guests of the opposite sex must leave by midnight.
Rooms are furnished with a single bed, a chair, a desk and a credenza. You may arrange for your own telephone line. Cable television is NOT available at the ERC.
A food and beverage vending area is on the first floor of the ERC and Hartford Hospital main cafeteria in the Bliss Building serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Laundry facilities are located on the Ground Level.
The monthly rental rate is $350.00. A separate check for key deposit of $15.00 is required (only for those staying 3-months or longer). You may pay monthly or for the total stay in advance. Payments are due on the first of each month. Rents may be paid at the ERC Security desk or in the Allied Health Office (ERC Academic Building 233). The first month must be paid in advance and must be sent with the registration form, along with the key deposit.
Parking is available in a garage at 100 Retreat Avenue for a monthly fee. There is a parking card security deposit required. Parking arrangements must be made separately with the Parking and Real Estate Office prior to your arrival.
Complete information can be found in the Dormitory Reservation Application Form