What is the GN Residency Program?
Our Graduate Nurse Residency Program will provide Graduate Nurses the opportunity to:
- Partner with a Registered Nurse Preceptor in a work/study environment in order to increase your competency in caring for the adult acute care medical/surgical patient. Our nine-week orientation program includes a combination of didactic, clinical and special observation opportunities.
- Attend monthly presentations with other new graduates that include:
- Education on a variety of topics that will assist new graduates to make the transition from student to professional nurse.
- Case Study presentations by APRNs
- Support group time with peers
Do I need to pass the NCLEX prior to applying?
New Graduate Nurses are hired into this program in July and September. You may interview and be offered a position prior to passing the NCLEX, however you must have an active license prior to your first day of employment. Students looking to start after the summer months will be able to begin employment at other designated times throughout the year.
What areas is Hartford Hospital hiring GNs into?
We are mainly hiring into Medical/Surgical nursing floors as well as Behavioral Health. We do not normally hire into critical careor specialty departments.
When Do I apply?
- Applications for Spring/Fall 2012 graduates are currently under review. If selected, you will be contacted for follow up.
- Applications for our Fall/Winter Graduate Nurse Residency Program will be accepted 8/1/12 through 10/1/2012.
- Internal Spring 2013 Graduate Nurse Applicants will be accepted 10/1/2012 to 2/1/2013.
- External Spring 2013 Graduate Nurse Applicants will be accepted 2/1/2013 to 4/1/2013.
How Do I apply to the Graduate Nurse Residency Program?
- View this page to view a full listing of Graduate Nurse Residency openings
- Please select ‘Internal Job Postings’ if you are currently an employee of Hartford Healthcare.
- Please select ‘External Job Postings’ to view publicly available openings.
What do I need to submit with my application?
We require an updated resume along with your application however additional documents such as cover letter, letters of reference or transcripts may be uploaded to accompany your application.
Do you have openings for Student Nurses?
Hartford Hospital periodically has paid, per diem, Patient Care Associate positions available for Student Nurses through our STAR Team (Nursing Float Pool). These positions have a mandatory full time orientation for the first 3 weeks from 7:00am – 3:30pm. Applicants must have completed a minimum of two clinical rotations and previous patient care experience is preferred.
Please check this page
to see if a Patient Care Associate
position is available to apply to. If this position is not posted, we are not accepting applications at this time.
Please note that employment as a Student Nurse does not guarantee employment as a Registered Nurse upon graduation.