Final selections for the year of Medicine are made by the Internal Medicine Department at UConn and not by the Department of Radiology at Hartford Hospital.
Applicants should submit the following documents via ERAS:
- ERAS Common Application Form (CAF)/Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Official Medical School Transcript
- Dean’s Letter (Medical School Performance Evaluation)
- At least two current letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement
- USMLE or COMLEX transcript
- ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates) status, if applicable
- Deadline is the last Friday in October
International Medical Graduates:
- Passing USMLE Step 1 and 2 scores (2 digit score > 79) by the third attempt.
- Graduation from Medical School: Must be within the past five (5) years.
- ECFMG Certification is mandatory.
- At least one year experience within the US medical system
- J-1 Visas, US Permanent Residency or US Naturalization. Hartford Hospital sponsors only J-1 visas; this is not negotiable.
- Hartford Hospital requires USMLE Step 3 before the conclusion of the PGY3 year.
Applications will be processed and reviewed upon receipt by our Education Committee. Approximately 60 applicants will be invited for interviews. Therefore, an attempt should be made to make the initial application as strong as possible. Interviews will be held on selected weekdays from 9:30 AM - 4:15 PM from late November through the end of January.
Resident selection will take place through the Matching Program for PGY2 positions in our Diagnostic Radiology Residency Program.
For further information contact:
Patricia A. Formeister
Radiology Residency Program Coordinator
80 Seymour Street, P. O. Box 5037
Hartford, CT 06102-5037