The Hospital-wide Bereavement Support Program provides each family which experiences the loss of a loved one:
- A comprehensive resource packet of bereavement information
- Follow-up correspondence at designated intervals up to one year after the loss
- Access to resource materials on this web site
- Short-term grief counseling by telephone or office visit
- Invitations to all Hartford Hospital programs involving education on grief and bereavement, support groups and an annual memorial service.
Call 860-972-2290 for more information.
Bereavement Support Group
- This group is open to anyone who has suffered the loss of a loved one. You are welcome to attend at any stage of your grief for initial and ongoing support. No registration is required. The group is facilitated by Hartford HealthCare chaplains. Meetings are scheduled for the second and fourth Monday of the month, 1:00-2:15 p.m. at Hartford Hospital, Jefferson Building Room 116. You may bring your parking ticket to be validated. If you have any questions, please contact Spiritual Care at 860-972-2290.
Specialized Bereavement Support Programs Include:
- Bereavement Support Group in Spanish (Grupo de Apoyo a los Enlutados)
Open to Spanish-speaking families and caregivers who have lost a loved one.
Click here for more information
- The Trauma Support Aftercare Program
Offered by referral for the families of victims of sudden death.
Contact: Heide Weise, 860-972-5418
- The Donor Family Services Program
Offered to donor family members. This service includes the resources of a bereavement specialist, frequent contact by cards, letters, notes and telephone calls; grief literature, newsletter and annual education and sharing sessions. For more information regarding organ donation, click here.
Contact: Life Choice Donor Services, Pam McGee, AS, CPTC, 860-286-3120 or 1-800-874-5215