Important information regarding the Critical Care Units:
- Telephone calls should be made before entering the intensive care unit. Please utilize the telephone in the Family Lounge - a central location to facilitate patient visitation.
- We have implemented a telephone voicemail update service to support your need to know about your family member’s status. View more information. Visitation is individualized and flexible for each patient. View more information on family visitation.
- Please feel free to inform us of any relevant history - medical, social, or family issues that you think may be helpful in managing your loved ones care.
- The Critical Care Teams at Hartford Hospital would like your feedback regarding the care your loved one received during their stay with us. CLICK HERE for more information.
- Does your family member have any Advanced Directives? Please bring a copy of their Living Will, Health Care Agent or Durable Power Attorney for their chart.
- Is there anything that we can do to incorporate your loved one’s religious, spiritual or cultural beliefs into our care? CLICK HERE for more information regarding our emotional/spiritual services.
- The Health Care Team conducts Plan of Care Rounds each week. You are welcome to be at the patient’s bedside to be a part of the discussion of your family member’s status, plan and goals of care. CLICK HERE to learn more.
- The patient care area has monitors with displays at the head of the bed and at the nursing station. These monitors allow the medical team to watch the patient from many places within the unit. All the pumps, monitors and machines have alarms that send the team different messages. Not all alarms are emergencies. The nurse will respond according to the message that the alarm is sending.