This entire issue is devoted to:
Complementary and Alternative Medical Therapies in Orthopaedics: Historical, Clinical, and Evidence-based Perspectives
Amalia Punzo, M.D., D.HT.
Past Co-Director of Integrative Medicine, Hartford Hospital
Bruce D. Browner, M.D.
Gray-Gossling Professor and Chairman, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Connecticut Health CenterDirector, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hartford Hospital
Articles in this Issue:
- Forward Punzo, Amalia M.D., D.HT.
- Complimentary and Alternative Medicine: The Who, What, Why, Where, and When of an Evolving New Area of Health Care Guerrera, Mary P. M.D., F.A.A.F.P.
- Regenerative Injection Therapy (Prolotherapy) for the Treatment of Chronic Pain D'Agostino, Darrin D.O.
- Lumbosacral Pathology and Pain Syndromes: A Case of Mistaken Identity Garrity, William J. D.C., D.O.
- Nonsurgical Management of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Tortland, Paul D. D.O., F.A.O.A.S.M.
- Acupuncture: Its History, Philosophy, and Importance to the Field of Orthopedic Medicine Bisbee, Susan L.Ac.
- Acupuncture for the Pain Management of Osteoarthritis of the Knee. Markow, Mary J. N.D., M.S., L.Ac. and Secor, Eric R. Jr N.D., M.S., L.Ac.
- Understanding Herb-Drug Interactions. Forrelli, Taryn N.D.
- Energy Medicine: What Is It, How Does It Work, and What Place Does It Have in Orthopedics? Prestwood, Karen M. M.D.
- Homeopathic Medicine: An Overview With Specific Applications for the Orthopaedic Patient. Punzo, Amalia M.D., D.HT.
- Nutritional Supplements in the Orthopedic Patient: Current Environment and Considerations for Management. Secor, Eric R. Jr. N.D., M.S. L.Ac.
- Bioelectric Responsiveness of Fascia: A Model for Understanding the Effects of Manipulation. O'Connell, Judith A. D.O., F.A.A.O.
- Neuromuscular Techniques in Orthopedics. Chaitow, Leon N.D., D.O. and DeLany, Judith L.M.T.
- Chiropractic Care of the Orthopaedic Patient. Bolles, Stephen D.C.
- The Application of Therapeutic Massage for Low Back Pain. Derick, Linda M.A., L.M.T., Pecora, Robert L.M.T., Ramsby-Andrews, Synthia B.A., L.M.T., and Schrier, Matthew M.S., D.C.
- Tai Chi for Chronic Pain and Arthritis. Taylor, S. Kelly.
- Yoga Therapeutics: An Ancient, Dynamic Systems Theory. Taylor, Matthew J. M.P.T., R.Y.T.
- The Benefits of Pilates Exercise in Orthopaedic Rehabilitation. Bryan, Melinda B.S., P.T. and Hawson, Suzanne B.S., M.P.T.
- Anthropology and Alternative Medicine: Orthopedics and the Other. Martin, Debra L. Ph.D. and Horowitz, Sheryl Ph.D.