11/21/13: New Medical Staff Officers (2-year term)
- President - Stacy R. Nerenstone, MD, Oncology Associates, PC
- Vice President - Matthew L. Saidel, MD, Women’s Comprehensive HealthCare
- Treasurer - William V. Sardella, MD, Hartford HealthCare Medical Group
- Secretary - John F. D’Avella, MD, Connecticut Multispecialty Group, PC
11/21/13: New Medical Executive Committee Members (2-year term)
- April L. Goller, DO, Connecticut Multispecialty Group, PC
- Leah D. Meisterling, DO, Hartford Anesthesiology, Inc.
- Jarrod B. Post, MD, Connecticut Multispecialty Group, PC
- Andrew E. Wakefield, MD, CT Neurosurgery & Spine Assoc., LLC
New SCM PCP Clinical Summary Screen
In response to suggestions to consolidate pertinent patient information in Sunrise Clinical Manager (SCM), we have created a new PCP Clinical Summary screen. This clinical summary, based on recommendations from our physicians, is designed to alleviate the need to search through multiple screens to find documentation regarding your patients' hospitalizations.
We hope you'll find this a more efficient way to locate patient information and we look to you for additional suggestions and feedback. If you have any questions or comments, please reach out to any of the following individuals:
CME Desktop Live View is Now Active!
Any clinician or physician who requires CMEs to maintain
their license to practice can now view grand rounds, tumor boards and other
conferences LIVE from a hospital-connected computer. Gilman Auditorium, Bliss
303 and JB-118 have been outfitted with the technology that will provide you
live viewing of these presentations. Look for the new "CME Live View" icon on
your desktop or find a link on the
Education Intranet page.
Click here for more info.
Approved Changes by the Medical Executive Committee
2.B. GENERAL CONDITIONS OF APPOINTMENT AND REAPPOINTMENT
2.B.1. Basic Responsibilities and Requirements:
As a condition of consideration for appointment or reappointment, and as a condition of continued appointment, every applicant and member specifically agree to the following:
(t) to not admit, treat or perform any procedures on themselves or members of their immediate family members within a Hartford Hospital facility, except in emergency situations or with prior approval of the CMO or their designee in isolated circumstances where there is no other credentialed medical personnel available;
(u) to not, write prescriptions for controlled substances for themselves at any time or for their immediate family members except in an emergency situation, and in such situation only one prescription for no more than thirty doses of the controlled substance should be written.
Click here to read Ethical Opinion 8.19 from the AMA.
Hartford Hospital Balanced Scorecard:
|Annual Evidence Based Practice Conference: Health Reform: Connecting Practice to Policy
The 17th Annual Evidence Based Practice Conference: Revolutionizing Nursing Practice Through Education is presented by the Connecticut Nursing Research Alliance. The Keynote address will be delivered by Linda Perfetto MS, RN, CNE, CNOR, Director of System Nursing Curricular Operations, Connecticut Community Colleges.
The morning session includes your choice of concurrent abstract presentations or skill building sessions. Poster and research awards and lunch will be followed by the plenary address given by Carol Polifroni, EdD, CNE, NEA-BC, RN, ANEF, Professor in the School of Nursing at the University of CT and Director of Engagement in the Office of Public Engagement.
CONNECTICUT NURSING RESEARCH ALLIANCE members include:
• Bristol Hospital
• Capitol Community College
• Central Connecticut State University
• Charlotte Hungerford Hospital
• Connecticut Children's medical Center
• Eastern Connecticut Health Network (ECHN)
• Hartford Hospital
• Hospital of Central Connecticut
• Hospital for Special Care
• Hospital of Saint Raphael
• Midstate Medical Center
• Natchaug Hospital
• Quinnipiac University
• Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center
• Southern Connecticut State University
• University of Connecticut, School of Nursing
• University of Hartford
• University of Saint Joseph
• William W. Backus Hospital
• Windham Hospital
• Yale New Haven Hospital
||$25.00 for students
$50.00 for Hartford HealthCare Employees and CT Nursing Research Alliance Members
$70.00 for all others
||Choose a Location below for Registration Information