|Attention Graduate Nurses:
Thank you for your interest in our Graduate Nurse Opportunities!
Applications for Spring/Fall 2012 graduates are currently under review. If selected, you will be contacted for follow up.
Applications for our Fall/Winter Graduate Nurse Residency Program will be accepted 8/1/12 through 10/1/2012.
Internal Spring 2013 Graduate Nurse Applicants will be accepted 10/1/2012 to 2/1/2013.
External Spring 2013 Graduate Nurse Applicants will be accepted 2/1/2013 to 4/1/2013.
|For more information regarding the Graduate Nurse Residency Program, contact Human Resources Recruiting at HHrecruiting@harthosp.org.
Our Graduate Nurse Residency Program will provide the new graduate nurse the opportunity to:
- Partner with a Registered Nurse Preceptor in a work/ study environment in order to increase your competency in caring for the adult acute care medical/surgical patient
- Our nine-week orientation program includes a combination of didactic, clinical and special observation opportunities.
- Attend monthly presentations with other new graduates that include:
- Education on a variety of topics that will assist the new graduate to make the transition from student to professional nurse
- Case Study presentations by APRNs
- Support group time peers
The objectives of the Graduate Nurse Residency Program are to:
- Provide a structured first-work experience that promotes professional growth and development
- Create a positive, safe, learning environment that promotes trust and respect.
- Promote strong collegial relationships through integration of the resident nurse into unit and hospital initiatives
- Foster the visible contribution of the professional nurse
- New Graduate Nurses hired to start September 10th are enrolled in the Graduate Nurse Residency Program. No one is able to start without having successfully passing NCLEX.
- Students graduating at any time other than the spring or who are looking to start after the summer months will be able to begin employment at other designated dates throughout the year once they have successfully passed NCLEX (October 11 or November 26).
- You must have graduated from an accredited school of nursing (BSN, AD, Diploma)
Click one of the following links to see if a Graduate Nurse Residency position is available (position will only be available during the application period stated above):
Please select "External Applicants" to view publicly available openings.
Please select "Internal Applicants" if you are currently an employee of Hartford HealthCare.
NOTE: Please be aware that Letters of Recommendation and/or Transcripts are not required with your application. Electronic copies may be uploaded to your profile if available.