Founded in 1822, The Institute of Living was one of the first behavioral health centers in the country, and the first hospital of any kind in Connecticut.
Today, as part of Hartford Hospital, it is one of America's leading not-for-profit centers for comprehensive patient care, research and education in the fields of behavioral, psychiatric, and addiction disorders.
Comprehensive services include:
- Outpatient services
- Partial hospital program
- Residential (supervised living)
- Inpatient services
- Crisis intervention
- Home care and consultation
- Grace S. Webb School for elementary, middle, and high school students.
- Addiction Recovery Service
- Adult Programs
- Anxiety Disorders Center
- Child and Adolescent Program
- Eating Disorders Program
- Geriatric Program
- Program for Professionals
- Schizophrenia Rehabilitation Center
- Assessment Center and trauma services