NOTICE: If you are collecting data for the purposes of human
subjects research, Institutional Review Board review and approval of the project is required.
Click here for HH/HHC RedCap appropriate use policy
REDCap is a secure, web-based application for building and managing online surveys and databases. Using REDCap's stream-lined process for rapidly developing projects, you may create and design projects using 1) the online method from your web browser using the Online Designer; and/or 2) the offline method by constructing a 'data dictionary' template file in Microsoft Excel, which can be later uploaded into REDCap. Both surveys and databases (or a mixture of the two) can be built using these methods.
Build online surveys and databases quickly and securely
- Create and design your project rapidly using secure web authentication from your browser. No extra software is required.
Fast and flexible
- Conception to production-level survey/database in less than one day.
Export data to common data analysis packages
- Export your data to Microsoft Excel, PDF, SAS, Stata, R, or SPSS for analysis.
Ad Hoc Reporting
- Create custom queries for generating reports to view or download.
- Utilize a built-in project calendar and scheduling module for organizing your events and appointments.
Easily manage a contact list of survey respondents or create a simple survey link
- Build a list of email contacts, create custom email invitations, and track who responds, or you may also create a single survey link to email out or post on a website.
Save your data collection instruments as a PDF to print
- Generate a PDF version of your forms and surveys for printing to collect data offline.
- Auto-validation, calculated fields, branching/skip logic, and survey stop actions.
Tutorials are available on the REDCap website upon logging in (Hartford Hospital users may use their Novell login information; all other users may self-register). Please call 860-972-5621 for more information regarding REDCap.
To access REDCap, Click here